There are a lot of things that you can do to help prevent dating abuse. Any effort that is made to raise awareness or take action against dating abuse could help save someone’s life. Here are some ideas:
- Volunteer at your local domestic violence program. See what items their shelter is in need of and organize an event to help collect these items.
- Organize a fundraiser to raise money that can be donated to a domestic violence program.
- Remember, October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and…
- February is Teen Dating Violence Prevention and Awareness Month! Getting involved is great at any time, but why not make a special effort to do something during those times?
Take Action at School
- Download and display posters
- Reach out to clubs and groups at your school to help organize/fund events (i.e., dramatic performances, speakers, educational campaigns, etc.).
- Develop and/or distribute brochures, fliers, etc.
- Create an artistic display to make a statement about dating abuse.
- Make a banner for others to sign to show their support for healthy relationships.
- Write an article for your school newspaper to raise awareness of the issue.
- Ask your school to develop a Dating Abuse School Policy.
- Become a fan of our page on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Stay up to date on the latest news, campaigns, and information.
- Suggest us to your friends to help spread the word against dating abuse.
For more ideas on how to get involved: