The contest deadline has passed so we are no longer taking submissions. Stay tuned for our announcement of the winner!
We want to know what New Yorkers age 16 – 24 think about healthy relationships! Want to tell us what you think? Well, enter our contest and tell us in 150 words or less who models healthy relationships in your life and how it impacts you. You could win a trip to New York City to participate in a national media event! For more information and to enter, read the contest rules below.
Official Contest Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or to win. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning.
The New York State Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence ("OPDV") and Liz Claiborne, Inc. (collectively, the "Sponsor") are partnering to hold a contest (the "Contest") to hear from you about dating abuse and healthy relationships. The Contest winner will have the opportunity to participate in Liz Claiborne Inc.’s annual “It’s Time to Talk Day” (the “Event”) currently anticipated to take place on December 8, 2011. The Event is an annual media event that promotes discussion and awareness featuring domestic violence experts and celebrities discussing dating abuse for a national radio audience. The winner will be interviewed during the Event by national radio hosts and bloggers, to discuss the issue of dating abuse and be a young representative for this national conversation. Celebrities who have participated in the Event in the past include Liz Claiborne Inc.’s Chief Creative Officer Tim Gunn and former Westchester County District Attorney and television personality Judge Jeanine Pirro. Learn more about last year’s Event.
What we are looking for
- In 150 words or less, answer the
Who in your life models a healthy relationship? Describe how and what its impact is on you (a "Submission").
Who is eligible
- Contest is open only to New York State residents age 16 – 24 (parent or legal guardian consent required for participants who are 16 or 17 years old).
- Officers, directors and employees of Liz Claiborne, Inc., OPDV, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries (all such persons and entities, collectively, the "Contest Entities") and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of any of the above are ineligible to enter or win a prize.
How to enter
- All Submissions must be received by Friday, November 18, 2011. Send your Submission entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Submission entries must
- Your name, age, email address, phone number(s), and home address at the top of the page so it can be removed if the Submission is published.
- Your entry should otherwise not include any real names or other personal information that could identify yourself or someone else either as a victim or an abuser.
- Overtly violent, sexual, or offensive language will disqualify the entry. Submissions must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Liz Claiborne, Inc. or its designee will review each Submission and select a winner based on judging criteria selected by Liz Claiborne, Inc. in its sole discretion. All decisions of Liz Claiborne, Inc. are final and are not subject to challenge or appeal.
- Winner will be notified by: Friday, December 2, 2011
- Potential winners, or if the winner is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence (a "minor"), the winner's parent or legal guardian, may be required to sign and return an affidavit and/or other related documents in order to receive the prize or participate in the Event.
- One (1) prize is available. The winner
of this Contest will receive a day in New York City to include:
- Participation in the Event.
- Lunch at a New York City restaurant to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Tour of the Liz Claiborne Inc. offices.
- Round-trip transportation (coach-class air or train as determined solely by Sponsor; within New York State only) for the winner between the airport nearest to the winner's residence (if by air) or the train station nearest to the winner's residence (if by train) and New York City.
- One (1) night hotel accommodations for the winner at a hotel to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- The total approximate retail value ("ARV") of the prize is $1,500.
- In the event the winner's residence is close enough to the Event, such that air or train transportation is deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be unnecessary, the prize will not include any transportation and no other substitution or compensation will be provided in lieu thereof.
- The ARV for the prize is an estimate made before the Contest begins and may vary depending upon points of departure and other price fluctuations. The winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if the actual value of the prize is less than the ARV in these Official Rules.
- Sponsor shall not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any party in connection with this Contest not expressly stated herein. All details and other restrictions of the prize(s) not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
For more information
- Send any questions to: email@example.com.
- Limit one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries are void.
- Grant of Rights. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and legal sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged,each entrant in theContest (and his or her parent or legal guardian, if the entrant is a minor) hereby irrevocably grants Sponsor, its successors, assigns and licensees, a non-exclusive, royalty-free license (but not the obligation) to reproduce, exploit, make derivative works of and otherwise use the entrant's Submission in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to alter such Submission for any purpose and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights. Sponsor shall have the right to freely assign its rights hereunder. If any Submission is posted online, it will be deemed posted at the request and/or direction of the entrant who submitted it.
- Representation and Warranty. Each person who enters this Contest (and his or her parent or legal guardian, if the entrant is a minor) represents and warrants the Submission complies with the guidelines set forth above, is true, and is the entrant's own original work.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, each entrant (and his or her parent or legal guardian, if the entrant is a minor) irrevocably grants the Contest Entities and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the worldwide, perpetual, fully-transferable, royalty-free right to use such entrant's name, voice, likeness, and biographical information in any and all media in or in connection with the Contest or the activities of the OPDV, and hereby release the Contest Entities and their respective successors, assigns and licensees from any claims, damages, losses, liability, costs, expenses, injuries and/or causes of action of any kind that in any way now or hereinafter may arise from any such use and/or otherwise from the entrant’s participation in this Contest, the Event, or any Event related activity.